Conversion Rate Optimization – How To Convert More Website Visitors Into Leads
You can improve sales by:
- Increasing Traffic
- Improving Conversion Rate
Assuming, you get 12,000 visitors a month to your website and you have a 1% conversion rate, you end up with 120 leads. If, however, you were to improve your conversion rate to 3%, that same number of visitors would give you 360 leads.
Improving your conversion rate, or Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) leads to a lower Cost Per Lead/ Acquisition (CPL/ CPA), which means a better ROI on your marketing spend.
So, how can you optimize your website conversion rate?
By getting rid of everything that is not essential to making a point and by not asking for too much too soon.
The less information you ask for, the more likely it is that a user will fill out your form and submit it.
Don’t block the website before they have a chance to explore it. Realize there are different ways to trigger a pop-up without being annoying.
Live Chat & Bots
Don’t try to fool someone into thinking the bot is a real person. Segregate users right from your greeting. Consider a lead magnet to get them into your database.
Several shorter videos are “probably” better than one long video.
Don’t be afraid to use video creatively!
- Time lapse video
- Drone footage for aerial video
- Personal videos of each team member
- Illustrating product features with animation
- Showcase your business’ personality
Social Proof & Trust
Case studies specific to your niche or industry illustrate success and solutions. Testimonials are great…Reviews are better. Off-site validation like Google reviews, Facebook and LinkedIn recommendations, transfer that credibility to your website.
CTA Best Practices
- Make it easy to notice
- Keep the CTA above the fold
- Repeat the CTA below the fold
- Use action words
- Use first-person voice
- Timing is everything
- Create a sense of FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out)
- Too much text
- Too many links leading to too many places
- Unnecessary mandatory form fields
- No email privacy info next to the email form
- Lack of communication choices
- Inadequate shipping or pricing information
- Error pages, broken links, and anything that doesn’t work
- Before you think of spending more to get more traffic, focus on conversion rate optimization.
- Minimize distractions
- Give your visitors something first before asking them for something
- Don’t make your visitors think or work too hard to get relevant information from your website
- It’s not about you!
Are you looking to get more leads? Read more about the top lead generation channels and how we can help. You’ll also find some of our success stories – do check them out.