Driving More Sales With Interactive Video Marketing
If you have been wondering how to drive sales with video marketing, then you are in the right place!
According to a recent webinar poll by WSI, only 5% of respondents effectively leverage video across their business. But, considering the stats below, video marketing should be a vital element of your digital marketing strategy.
- YouTube makes up almost one-third of the internet with over 2 billion users
- Daily YouTube visits according to generation vary from 77% for Gen Z to 44% for Baby Boomers
- 70% of Instagrammers watch videos daily
- Videos shared on social media generate 12 times more shares than text and image content combined
- The viewership of Facebook Live increased by 50% in late 2020 – topping 1.25 billion monthly users
No business – large or small – can afford to ignore these behavioral habits of their target market.
Overcoming the challenges of implementing a video marketing strategy
To overcome the challenges of implementing a video strategy, we first need to identify what pitfalls you may have encountered:
- Lack of clear goals and an accompanying plan of attack.
- Too much effort on the aesthetic production and not enough focus on the impact. Video is not a strategy on its own – all the traditional marketing homework needs to be applied to answer who, how, and why?
Insufficient investment in an amplification strategy to get the video seen by the right people.
- Unfamiliarity with video as a form of company communication. Integrating video culture needs to come from the top.
- Not having a script. No matter the length, there are five parts to the video engagement timeline (VET):
- Tell a story.
- Pose a problem.
- State a solution.
- Show examples.
- Call to action.
Other barriers to video include the perception that it’s too time-consuming, too complicated, and too expensive. But thanks to modern technology, the days of big productions requiring professional sets, lighting, camera crews, and actors are over.
Exploring Different Ways to Use Video in Your Organization
There are different types of video for different types of use cases:
Attract strangers with video ads, video on your landing page, and/or a teaser video shared on social media. Over the last year, the number of impressions on Smart TVs (versus other devices) has increased from 9% to 27%. In the same breath, TV viewers have a higher view-through rate because it’s more effort to skip.
In this connection, interactive videos are now becoming all the rage as they allow users to be actively involved with the video rather than being a passive viewer.
There are three components that make up a successful video advertising campaign:
Relevance: Whether you utilize YouTube’s TrueView or Bumper ads, the key is to grab the audience’s attention and get brand recall within the first five seconds.
Reach: YouTube has a comparable audience to television. Facebook’s interest targeting function reaches a very specific audience.
Repetition: To grow your brand, you must find potential customers, speak to them frequently, and make it easy for them to remember you.
Engage visitors with video blogs, a bio video, events such as webinars, and/or a podcast, and interactive videos.
Close leads with demos, a LinkedIn cover video, and/or explainer videos.
Delight customers with how-to videos, FAQs, and/or video testimonials; turning them into promoters of your brand.
Emerging Video Marketing Trends
Some exciting trends to look out for in 2022 and beyond include:
- Shoppable video that links to eCommerce
- Live streams such as Amazon Live
- Virtual shopping events with influencers
- Growth of short-form video e.g. TikTok and YouTube Shorts
- Increased video advertising, with no signs of letting up going forward
A Breakthrough Interactive Video Platform – KAPPA
Interactive videos are the ONLY way forward in video marketing and Kappa is at the forefront of the interactive video marketing movement. Kappa allows you to create uniquely interactive videos that can tell multiple stories and allow the user to choose their own journey and narrative. Top brands have leveraged Kappa to stunning effect and garnered interaction and conversion rates that are 8X to 25X that of standard video ads.
If you’re struggling to generate leads with video marketing and want to hire an expert team to help, contact us to get started!
We, Gr8 Services are a leading digital marketing agency, based in JLT, Dubai; and part of WSI – the world’s oldest and largest digital marketing agency headquartered in Toronto, Canada. WSI has won the WMA (Web Marketing Association) Top Agency Award for 2 years in a row – for 2020 and 2019. Know more about WSI.
This blog post is extracted from a blog post by our parent organization, WSI.
The original blog post can be found on our global website: https://www.wsiworld.com/